I went to my local eco-cartier and picked up the basket. It came in a nifty reusable box (with a handle) and included a neat reusable bag.
My small basket contained a small box of tomatoes (cherry & cocktails), a small box of pickling cucumbers, 2 medium-sized eggplants, a head of bib lettuce (along with some argulara and water cress), a small bouquet of basil and sage. They included 2 organic red potatoes (because the number of tomatoes was pretty small).
- The herbs – I wrapped in damp paper towel and put in a plastic bag in the fridge.
- The tomatoes I left out on my counter.
- The eggplants I put in a paper bag in the refrigerator.
- The cucumbers, lettuce, argulara and cress I left in plastic bags and put in my crisper.
- Lemon basil shortbread
- Eggplant couscous rolls (and 134 other ideas)
- Bruchetta with tomatoes and basil
- Chicken breasts with Mushroom and sage sauce
- Lots of green salad with cherry tomatoes and cucumbers!
What would you do with this bounty?