The game world has changed since I was last here. It’s now set in Golorion, the Pathfinder campaign setting. The change has meant a ton of work for me — mostly in learning a new background as well as a new system. A daunting amount of work has been done. I have maps (mostly too small to use with character icons), mostly completed characters, and ideas on how to scale the adventure to a group of six.
There’s still so very much to do. I got a lot of information, maps, and ideas from the Paizo message boards. Players of this game: please, don’t read anything relating to the Rise of the Runelords adventure path without checking with me first. Anyone else thinking of running this adventure path – start with the Paizo message boards. The amount of community-created stuff available for use and download is truly amazing.
- Patfinder SRD from Paizo. Rules available for free.
- Pathfinder d20 SRD. Rule set used for character generation of most of the characters.
- Pathfinder World Wiki. A wiki detailing Golorion.
- Pathfinder database. Character sheets and interesting articles.
- Player introduction. Available as a PDF for free from the Paizo website, this is a good introduction to the setting for the adventure.
- Character traits. Rules supplement available from the Paizo website.
- Converting from 3.5 to Pathfinder. Rules supplement; helpful when using other d20 gaming supplements.
- ShadowWorld. Downloads of item cards, monster info cards, and a great calendar. It also has a lot of really good images from Rise of the RuneLords: Burnt Offerings.
- Epic Tale’s links to RPG map tiles. A good collection of mapping bits.
- Flickr photo set. Here’s the biggest collection of images from Rise of the RuneLords, but there are others on Flickr too.
- Community created stuff. This includes maps, creature counters, lists and so much more. This list of stuff gave me lots more time to read.
Things I should have done.
- Print out the encounter maps in a scale I can use on the table for combat.
- Found more item cards.