A friend delivered my first “Medium” vegetable basket. It’s got a lot of goodies in it.
- 1 head celery (now I’ve got three in the fridge. I’ll have to figure out something other than celery sticks for snacks to do with it).
- 1 head lettuce (looks like a curly leaf variety).
- 4 heads of garlic (yay! I love garlic.)
- 4 oranges
- 4 potatoes
- 1 pound of carrots (I’ve already got 2 pounds in the fridge. So now I’ll have lots of carrot sticks to go with my celery)
- 1 pound of onions (I was out of onions).
- 1 honey dew melon (With the oranges and the pineapple I have at home – I’m thinking fruit salad)
- 1 pound of beets (what do I do with this?)
- 1 seedless cucumber (salads)
- 1 zucchini (salads, snacks … guess I’d best get to making hummus).
So this definitely will define what I’m eating next week. Anyone have some good beet recipes? I’ve found two so far: Roasted Beets and Balsamic marinated beets. I’ll probably be trying both next week.