Taken from RecipeZaar Posted by Kittencal. The sauce is sufficient for 10 drumsticks, but can easily be doubled.
|Version: 2.0||Preparation time: 10 minutes + 8 hours marinade time.|
|Serves: 5 (2 pc each)||Cooking time: 35-45 minutes.|
- Mixing bowl and wire wisk
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- Cutting board and knife.
- Barbecue or baking sheet lined with tinfoil.
This is a great recipe. I halved the amount of honey, and chili flakes and it was still good. I’ve removed the oil, salt, and lemon juice from the original recipe due to health concerns. This works well with legs with thighs, as well as drumsticks.
Unless I’m barbecuing, I skin the legs before cooking, and divide the thigh from the leg at the joint before marinating. If using boneless, skinless chicken breasts – I suggest pan frying as the cooking time is very different.
This meal goes great with a large salad or a steamed vegetable side-dish.
|1/4 cup||sodium reduced soy sauce|
|1/3 cup||lemon juice|
|1/4 cup||sesame oil|
|2 tablespoons||garlic, crushed and finely diced|
|2 tablespoons||ginger, crushed and finelydiced|
|2 teaspoons||chili flakes (optional)|
|10||chicken drumsticks, or other parts.|
- In a bowl whisk together the first 8 ingredients.
- Place the chicken parts in one or more large resealable bags.
- Pour the marinade into the bag(s) and seal; turn to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate for up to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Set grill to medium heat, or oven to 375 F.
- Remove the chicken and discard the marinade.
- Place the chicken on the grill (if a barbecue) or on a baking sheet.
- Grill or bake, turning chicken until crispy and golden brown and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Turn once (if baking) or often (if on a barbecue)
- If baking – turn the oven to broil for a few minutes at the end to crisp the skin.